Join us in Amsterdam!
Joe Zeff Design is pleased to be part of the WoodWing Xperience, a digital publishing conference scheduled March 27-28 in Amsterdam that will gather thought leaders from throughout the industry, including executives from Time Inc., Adobe and Barnes & Noble. In addition, WoodWing will offer workshops centered on its Enterprise software and Adobe Digital Publishing Suite. Keynote speakers:
• Joe Zeff, President of Joe Zeff Design, an influential design and strategy firm outside of New York City that advises publishers and corporations on app development. His company has designed three apps that have been chosen App of the Week by Apple, and one that resides in the Apple iTunes Hall of Fame. Formerly the Graphics Director of Time magazine, Joe and his team have created hundreds of magazine covers and illustrations, and they have leveraged their expertise in traditional publishing to become a leader in the digital space, working closely with large publishers to advise on content development and produce monthly issues for the iPad and other platforms. Joe is a board member of the Society of Publication Designers in New York City and WoodWing's first Creative and Design Partner.
• Mitch Klaif, Senior Vice President of Information Technology at Time Inc. Mitch has worked at Time Inc. since 1997, beginning his career there as director of customer service and operations for information technology. He then served as deputy chief information officer, assisting in the overall management of the company’s information technologists and its hundreds of mission-critical systems. Before moving to his current position, Mitch served as Time Inc.’s CIO and vice president of global magazine and digital technology, where he led the division that managed the company’s around-the-clock magazine, production and digital technology operations. Mitch began his career in information services at Dow Jones in 1976, where he worked for 20 years.
• Zeke Koch, Senior Director of Product Management, Design at Adobe Systems. In this role, Koch oversees the strategy, planning and design for Adobe’s Digital Publishing products. Previously, Koch was principal product manager for Adobe’s Platform Strategy where he was responsible for defining strategy and direction for Adobe’s “Vectors of Innovation” including Multi-screen, Cloud and Social Computing. Earlier, Koch was the director of product management for Adobe’s Mobile and Desktop Platform Product Management teams (including the Flash Player and AIR). Koch joined Adobe from the acquisition of Macromedia where he was group product manager for Mobile Clients. Prior to Adobe, Koch spent a decade at Microsoft, first as a program manager on the Word 97 team and ultimately as the group program manager for the Windows Mobile Shell team.
• Ravi Gopalakrishan, CTO of Barnes and Noble's Nook product business. Ravi established the Nook development team in Palo Alto, CA in April 2009 and has since led the development of four successful Nook products: Nook, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch and most recently Nook Tablet. All four products have been highly successful and have helped Barnes and Noble grow its e-book market share from zero to over 25 percent in less than two years.
• Hans Janssen, CEO of WoodWing Software. Hans is one of the founders of WoodWing Software and has stepped into the role of CEO since August 1st, 2007. He has more than 20 years of experience in the publishing industry, both on the technical side and on the business end. Janssen previously worked as the technical director for Mediasystemen, after which he became the Director of IT for the Telegraaf Media Groep.
• Erik Schut, President of WoodWing Software. With 15 years of experience in developing state-of-the-art solutions for the publishing industry, his thorough understanding of this industry combined with the latest technology and creativity, result in best-of-class solutions.
Joe Zeff Design works closely with WoodWing and Adobe to help publishing companies develop strategies for digital publishing. We're currently working with two large publishers to produce innovative iPad editions of their print magazines. We provide these publishers with end-to-end support, from design to production to advertising to subscription integration to workflow, assisted by WoodWing and Adobe.
For more information on the WoodWing Xperience, visit their website here. See you in Amsterdam!